The Grand Haven Area is so happy to have you and your canine visit us! Here are some of the fun places you can go with your pup to enjoy Grand Haven and surrounding areas together.
Leashed dogs (10 ft. max) are always welcome on all of the area bike paths and sidewalks. Many businesses welcome friendly dogs inside and some even have dog bowls filled with cool, fresh water outside! One of the most dog friendly shops is the dog boutique Must Love Dogs which sells natural foods, treats, toys, accessories, gifts, and they also host events such as free dog pack walks, nail clipping clinics and a chiropractor for pets (see their Facebook page for events, dates and times). We also have a local grooming salon called Sitting Pretty which is located on the east end of Washington Avenue.
While in Grand Haven, be sure to visit the East Grand River Park which includes a large, fenced-in dog park, or on the West side check out Mulligan’s Hollow and Duncan Woods for leashed walks (the back section of Duncan Woods near Lake Street does have a designated off leash area also).
Coast Guard Park in Ferrysburg where they can even roam off leash at the dog park.
Bring your dog to Kirk Park to play in the sand at the off-leash dog beach (note dates, hours and rules below)
- May 1 – September 30: dogs are not allowed on Kirk Park beach between 10am-6pm
- October 1 – April 30: Dogs are allowed on Kirk Park beach off-leash; they must remain leashed on-trail
- If dogs are not at the dog beach, they are required to be leashed (10′ max) and under control at all times. This includes walking to and from the beach.
- Dogs are not permitted in park buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters, playground areas, off-trail, or as posted.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time.
- Recognizing that most dogs enjoy running and playing freely, many Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs year-round off leash.
Check out this video of the Grand Haven area from a dog’s perspective via a GoPro –
See the listings below for more dog friendly things to do in the Grand Haven area!