Kirk Park Landscape
Located on Lakeshore Drive just south of M-45, south of Grand Haven, Kirk Park features acres of dunes, woods, a Lake Michigan shoreline with a sandy beach, covered pavilion, playground, swimming beach, hiking trails with scenic dune overlooks, and cross-country ski trails. March 1 through October 15: 7am to 10pm
October 16 through February 28: 7am to 8pm Kirk Park Lodge serves as an overnight lodge for recognized organized groups from mid-September through early May. Motor vehicle parking fees are in effect from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
Hours and Fees:
March 1 through October 15: 7am to 10pm
October 16 through February 28: 7am to 8pm
- Daily Motor Vehicle Fee: $5 for Ottawa County residents or $8 for non-residents.
- Annual Motor Vehicle Permit: $15 for Ottawa County residents or $25 for non-residents.
- Ottawa County Resident Hang Tag (transferrable between vehicles): $20
- Ottawa County Senior Citizens (age 60+): $9 for Annual Motor Vehicle Permit or $12 for Ottawa County Resident Hang Tag
- Rosy Mound Natural Area and Olive Shores Park have self-service fee-stations. Daily fees are $8.
- Picnic shelter (reservable)
- Kirk Park Lodge (reservable)
- Dog Beach – open to dogs daily 7-10 am and 7-10 pm (hours limited due to high water)
- Swimming beach (NO LIFEGUARDS)
- Picnic tables & grills
- Scenic Lake Michigan views
- Hiking and ungroomed cross country ski trails
- Horseshoe pit
- Modern restrooms (closed in winter)
- Parking lot
Dogs are permitted at Kirk Park daily from 7-10 am and 7-10 pm. Dog lovers will delight in the off-leash dog beach (dogs must remain on leash to and from the off leash beach). For the safety and enjoyment of all park guests, pets must be on ten foot leashes and under control. Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle. Dogs are not permitted in park buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters, playground areas, or as posted. Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time. Recognizing that most dogs enjoy running and playing freely, many Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs year-round off leash.
Outdoor Event Reservations
If you are considering an outdoor wedding or event in an Ottawa County Park, read the following information carefully. Call the Parks Office (616) 738-4810 for additional information about the specific park you would like to use.
Ottawa County Parks
This Map shows amenities, features and trails. Stretching along Lake Michigan’s shoreline for over 1/3 mile, this park boasts 68 acres of sandy beach, high bluffs and wooded dunes. Nature trails with wooden stairways wind through the wooded dunes, offering spectacular views of Lake Michigan. A paved path leads to a deck overlooking the beach and Lake Michigan. This is a popular park for swimming, sunbathing, picnicking and cross country skiing.
Number of Meeting Rooms: 1
HoursMarch 1 through October 15: 7am to 10pm October 16 through February 28: 7am to 8pm
Cost(s)Shelter and Lodge rental fees may apply
AmenitiesPicnic Shelter Kirk Park Lodge Lake Michigan overlook deck Picnic Tables Grills Playground Hiking Cross country ski trails Horseshoe pit Modern restrooms (closed in winter)
Travel time from downtown Grand Haven14 Minutes