Kirk Park features acres of dunes, woods, a Lake Michigan shoreline with a sandy beach, covered pavilion, playground, swimming beach, hiking trails with scenic dune overlooks, and cross-country ski trails.
From Lake Michigan Drive, also known as M-45, travel south on Lakeshore Drive to the entrance.
Amenities & Activities
- Picnic shelter (reservable)
- Kirk Park Lodge (reservable)
- Swimming beach (NO LIFEGUARDS)
- Picnic tables & grills
- Scenic Lake Michigan views
- Hiking and ungroomed cross country ski trails
- Horseshoe pit
- Modern restrooms (closed in winter)
- Parking lot
* Barrier free facilities include picnic shelter, restrooms, some picnic tables and grills and a trail to the Lake Michigan overlook deck.
This Map shows amenities, features and trails. Stretching along Lake Michigan’s shoreline for over 1/3 mile, this park boasts 68 acres of sandy beach, high bluffs and wooded dunes. Nature trails with wooden stairways wind through the wooded dunes, offering spectacular views of Lake Michigan. A paved path leads to a deck overlooking the beach and Lake Michigan. This is a popular park for swimming, sunbathing, picnicking and cross country skiing.
March 1 through October 15: 7am to 10pm
October 16 through February 28: 7am to 8pm
Motor vehicle parking fees are in effect from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
- Dog lovers will delight in the off-leash beach
- If dogs are not at the dog beach, they are required to be leashed (10’ max) and under control at all times. This includes walking to and from the beach.
- Dogs are not permitted in park buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters, playground areas, off-trail, or as posted.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time.
- Recognizing that most dogs enjoy running and playing freely, many Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs year-round off leash.
Number of Meeting Rooms: 1
HoursMarch 1 through October 15: 7am to 10pm October 16 through February 28: 7am to 8pm
Cost(s)Shelter and Lodge rental fees may apply
AmenitiesPicnic Shelter Kirk Park Lodge Lake Michigan overlook deck Picnic Tables Grills Playground Hiking Cross country ski trails Horseshoe pit Modern restrooms (closed in winter)
Travel time from downtown Grand Haven14 Minutes