Ripps Bayou is an Open Space Land with 172 acres surrounded by private property and there is no road access. The property includes a large bayou surrounded by woods. There are no designated trails or restrooms.
This Polkton Township Property is only accessible by boat from the Grand River. Paddlers can launch at Deer Creek Park.
Amenities & Activities
- Off-trail hiking and cross-country skiing
- Dogs are allowed on or off leash
- Archery deer hunting. More information
This map shows facilities, parking areas, features and trails. The 172 acre site is surrounded by private property and there is no road access. The property includes a large bayou surrounded by woods. There are no designated trails or restrooms.
5am to 10pm
There are no entry or launch fees.
- Dogs are allowed off-leash, year round in Open Space Lands
- Carry a leash with you and maintain voice control of your dog.
- Please be aware that deer hunting (both gun and archery) is allowed at some Open Space Lands. Be mindful of the season when visiting with your pet. Learn more about where hunting is allowed.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Dog policies vary from park to park, please visit the individual park’s page before visiting with your dog.
Hours5am to 10pm
Cost(s)There are no entry or launch fees.
AmenitiesFishing Off-trailing hiking Dogs Welcome Hunting Permitted
Travel time from downtown Grand Haven25 Minutes