Pigeon Creek Park is 282 acres with another 130 adjacent acres of County Open Space land. Over ten miles of ski trails and snowshoe trails wind through old pine plantations, mature deciduous forests and through bottomland forests along the Pigeon River. The park is a popular cross country ski destination with groomed trails for both classic and ski skating. Ski trails are groomed, tracked and reset as needed throughout the day. A sledding hill is also provided. Three miles of ski trails and the sledding hill have are illuminated for evening use. The Pigeon Creek Lodge provides ski rental, a food and beverage concession and serves as a warming house. Hiking, dogs, biking, snowshoeing and horseback riding are not allowed on groomed cross country ski trails.
Pigeon Creek Park Winter Operations
Yes, we will be renting skis and snowshoes this year! We believe getting outside is more important to our health and wellness than ever. There will be some adjustments to our operation this year:
- Before you visit, check our trail conditions page for information about trails, equipment rental, and more
- Ski and snowshoes are rented on a first come first serve basis; equipment cannot be reserved in advance
- Park hours: 7 am-10 pm daily (Lodge and rental hours are limited, see below)
- Dogs, hiking, horseback riding, and biking are prohibited once operations begin
- Masks/face coverings are required everywhere except out on ski/snowshoe trails (see below for more information), including the sledding hill
- If you will be renting equipment, be prepared to wait outdoors
- Visitors should maintain 6′ social distance from others
- Wash your hands frequently before, during, and after your visit
- Check Out Pigeon Creek Sledding Cam
Pigeon Creek Lodge
The Lodge will not be open for warming or concessions. Please bring your own snacks and beverages, and be prepared to use your vehicle as base camp.
Lodge restrooms will be open
Ski and snowshoe rental will be available in the lodge on a first come first serve basis; equipment cannot be reserved in advance
- Capacity will be limited inside the rental area; be prepared to wait outdoors
- Equipment will be sanitized between every use
- Sanitation protocols will be increased inside the Lodge
- A picture ID or credit card is required as security for all rentals
Rental hours have been adjusted for staff safety. These hours may change. Any changes will be posted on our trail conditions page.
- Extended weekday hours: 12 pm-7 pm (gear due back by 8:30 pm)
- Weekend hours: 10 am-5 pm rental (gear due back by 6:30 pm)
Please note that rental is only offered during good ski conditions.
- There are no entry or trail fees
- Cross-country ski or snowshoe rental (three hours): $8; $2 per additional hour
- Snowshoe rental for those 6 and under is free with a paid adult rental
Beginner, intermediate, and skate ski lessons will be offered. Check our program calendar to register.
AmenitiesPigeon Creek Lodge Group Camp Area Hiking Trails Biking Trails Horseback Riding Trails Boardwalks Picnic Tables Grills Modern Restrooms & Rustic Toilets Lighted Cross-Country Ski Trails Lighted Sledding Hill Ski & Snowshoe Rental Lessons Concession Stand Dog Friendly (May 1st-September 30th only)
Travel time from downtown Grand Haven20 Minutes