*** DUE TO HIGH WATERS IN 2019-2020 THIS BEACH HAS LOST A LARGE PORTION OF ITS BEACH COAST LINE***
This popular 7 acre park offers swimming and sunbathing along 745 feet of Lake Michigan shoreline. During the summer, a barrier free beach walkway is available. Visitors can also climb the wooden stairway to the top of a dune for a panoramic view of Lake Michigan. Motor Vehicle passes are required for this park Parking
From US-31, take the Ferrysburg exit west on to 3rd Street to North Shore Drive. Turn west on North Shore and travel two miles to the entrance.
Amenities & Activities
- Picnic shelter (reservable)
- Swimming beach (NO LIFEGUARDS)
- Beach walkway
- Dune stairs & deck with scenic Lake Michigan views
- Seasonal vending machines
- Sand volleyball court
- Picnic tables & grills
- Modern restrooms (closed in winter)
- Parking lot
*Barrier free facilities include the picnic shelter, restrooms, beach walkway, dune overlook deck, playground and some picnic tables and grills.
This Map shows amenities, parking areas, features and trails. This seven acre waterfront park offers swimming and sunbathing along 745 feet of Lake Michigan shoreline. During the summer, a barrier free beach walkway is available. Visitors can also climb the wooden stairway to the top of a dune for a panoramic view of Lake Michigan.
March 1 through October 15: 7:00am – 10:00pm
October 16 through February 28: 7:00am – 8:00pm
Motor vehicle parking fees are in effect from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
- Dogs are not permitted at North Beach Park May 1 through September 30.
- Dogs are required to be leashed (10’ max) and under control at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted in park buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters, playground areas, volleyball courts, off-trail, or as posted.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time.
- Recognizing that most dogs enjoy running and playing freely, many Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs year-round off leash.
Cost(s)Motor vehicle parking fees are in effect from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. Daily Motor Vehicle Fee:
AmenitiesPicnic Shelter Swimming Beach Beach Walkway Dune Stairs Scenic Overlook Seasonal Vending Machines Sand Volleyball Court Playground Picnic Tables & Grills Modern Restrooms (Closed in Winter) Parking Lot
Travel time from downtown Grand Haven9 Minutes