*** DUE TO HIGH WATERS IN 2019 -2020 THIS BEACH HAS LOST A LARGE PORTION OF ITS BEACH COAST LINE***
This popular 7 acre park offers swimming and sunbathing along 745 feet of Lake Michigan shoreline. During the summer, a barrier free beach walkway is available. Visitors can also climb the wooden stairway to the top of a dune for a panoramic view of Lake Michigan. From US-31, take the Ferrysburg exit west on to 3rd Street to North Shore Drive. Turn west on North Shore and travel two miles to the entrance. Motor Vehicle passes are required for this park Parking Fees
Barrier free beach walkway
Dune overlook deck
Seasonal concession (vending machines only)
Sand volleyball court
Picnic tables and grills
Modern restrooms (closed in winter)
Wheelchair Accessible Beach Walk
Wooden dune stairway
New – Accessible beach wheelchair available.
*Barrier free facilities include the picnic shelter, restrooms, beach walkway, dune overlook
deck, playground and some picnic tables and grills.
Dogs are permitted at North Beach Park from October 1 through April 30. They are not permitted from May 1st through September 30th. For the safety and enjoyment of all park guests, pets must be on ten foot leashes and under control. Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle. Dogs are not permitted in park buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters, playground areas, volleyball courts, or as posted. Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time.
North Beach Park is open year ’round.
March 1 through October 15 – 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
October 16 through February 28 – 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Motor vehicle parking fees are in effect from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. Daily Motor Vehicle Fee: $5 for Ottawa County residents or $7 for non-residents. Annual Motor Vehicle Permit: $15 for Ottawa County residents or $25 for non-residents. Residents can purchase one second vehicle permit for only $5. Senior Citizens (age 60+): $7 for Annual Motor Vehicle Permit Rosy Mound Natural Area and Olive Shores Park have self-service fee-stations. Daily fees are $7. Annual Permits cannot be purchased at Rosy Mound or Olive Shores Park. Please note that a Michigan Recreation Passport is not valid at Ottawa County Parks.
Ottawa County Parks wedding ceremony information:
If you are considering an outdoor wedding in an Ottawa County Park, read the following information carefully. Call the Parks Office for additional information about the specific park you would like to use.
If you choose to hold your ceremony at an Ottawa County Park, you MUST call the Parks Office at (616) 738-4810.
1) All outdoor areas are first-come, first-served.
– You may not rope off or “hold” space prior to your event.
– You may not block any walkways/boardwalks/stairs.
2) All park rules and regulations are in effect.
– No amplified music or speaking. Music may be played during your ceremony, but it must not disturb other park guests.
– Pesticides, bug bombs, and similar products are not allowed.
– ALCOHOL IS PROHIBITED on all park property, except by special permit at the Pine Bend Park Weaver House and Connor Bayou Woodland Cabin.
3) If you would like to provide seating for your guests or decorate the area, the following regulations apply:
– Chairs and/or decorations may only be put up 30 minutes before the ceremony and must be removed immediately after the ceremony is finished.
– Artificial flowers are not allowed.
– Birdseed, rice, confetti, and like products are not allowed.
– Candles or open flames are not allowed.
– Decorations that would cause damage to park property or buildings are not allowed.
4) Parking is not guaranteed for any event. Parking areas may fill if it is a nice day or if large events are occurring.
– Vehicle entrance fees are in effect at all Lakeshore parks (Tunnel, Kirk, North Beach, Rosy Mound, Olive Shores) between the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day (Monday).
**Information source: Ottawa County Parks website March 2013***
For Ottawa County Parks Rental, all inquiries should be addressed to:
Ottawa County Parks
HoursNorth Beach Park is open year 'round. March 1 through October 15 - 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. October 16 through February 28 - 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Cost(s)Motor vehicle parking fees are in effect from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. Daily Motor Vehicle Fee:
AmenitiesPicnic Shelter Swimming Beach Beach Walkway Dune Stairs Scenic Overlook Seasonal Vending Machines Sand Volleyball Court Playground Picnic Tables & Grills Modern Restrooms (Closed in Winter) Parking Lot
Travel time from downtown Grand Haven9 Minutes