Sixty-eight acres of sandy beach, high bluffs and wooded dunes along the Lake Michigan shoreline. Covered pavilion, playground, swimming beach, nature hiking trails with scenic wooden stairways leading to dune overlooks. This is a popular park for swimming, sunbathing, picnicking and cross country skiing.
Picnic shelter (reservable)
Kirk Park Lodge (reservable)
Lake Michigan overlook deck
Picnic Tables and grills
Hiking and ungroomed cross country ski trails
Modern restrooms (closed in winter)
* Barrier free facilities include picnic shelter, restrooms, some picnic tables and grills and a
trail to the Lake Michigan overlook deck.
Dogs are permitted at Kirk Park in designated areas only. Dog lovers will delight in the new off-leash beach at the southernmost area of the park. The area is accessible from the south beach stairs, and dogs must remain on leash to and from the off leash beach. For the safety and enjoyment of all park guests, pets must be on ten foot leashes and under control. Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle. Dogs are not permitted in park buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters, playground areas, or as posted. Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time.
Kirk Park is open year ’round.
March 1 through October 15 – 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
October 16 through February 28 – 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Motor vehicle parking fees are in effect from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. Residents Daily Parking Permit $5 or Ottawa County Park Year Pass $15; Non-residents Daily Parking Permit $7 or Year Pass $25. Ottawa County provides NO lifeguards at parks with swimming facilities.
Ottawa County Parks wedding ceremony information:
If you are considering an outdoor wedding in an Ottawa County Park, read the following information carefully. Call the Parks Office for additional information about the specific park you would like to use.
If you choose to hold your ceremony at an Ottawa County Park, you MUST call the Parks Office at (616) 738-4810.
1) All outdoor areas are first-come, first-served.
– You may not rope off or “hold” space prior to your event.
– You may not block any walkways/boardwalks/stairs.
2) All park rules and regulations are in effect.
– No amplified music or speaking. Music may be played during your ceremony, but it must not disturb other park guests.
– Pesticides, bug bombs, and similar products are not allowed.
– ALCOHOL IS PROHIBITED on all park property, except by special permit at the Pine Bend Park Weaver House and Connor Bayou Woodland Cabin.
3) If you would like to provide seating for your guests or decorate the area, the following regulations apply:
– Chairs and/or decorations may only be put up 30 minutes before the ceremony and must be removed immediately after the ceremony is finished.
– Artificial flowers are not allowed.
– Birdseed, rice, confetti, and like products are not allowed.
– Candles or open flames are not allowed.
– Decorations that would cause damage to park property or buildings are not allowed.
4) Parking is not guaranteed for any event. Parking areas may fill if it is a nice day or if large events are occurring.
– Vehicle entrance fees are in effect at all Lakeshore parks (Tunnel, Kirk, North Beach, Rosy Mound, Olive Shores) between the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day (Monday).
**Information source: Ottawa County Parks website March 2013***
For Ottawa County Parks Rental, all inquiries should be addressed to:
Ottawa County Parks
Number of Meeting Rooms: 1
HoursMarch 1 through October 15: 7am to 10pm October 16 through February 28: 7am to 8pm
Cost(s)Motor vehicle parking fees are in effect from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. Residents Daily Parking Permit $5 or Ottawa County Park Year Pass $15; Non-residents Daily Parking Permit $7 or Year Pass $25. Ottawa County provides NO lifeguards at parks with swimming facilities. Shelter and Lodge rental fees may apply
AmenitiesPicnic Shelter Kirk Park Lodge Lake Michigan overlook deck Picnic Tables Grills Playground Hiking Cross country ski trails Horseshoe pit Modern restrooms (closed in winter)
Travel time from downtown Grand Haven14 Minutes