Plan now to enter the 83rd challenge of one of the most storied yacht races on the Great Lakes. This year’s night race across Lake Michigan departs from Milwaukee, WI for Grand Haven, MI on June 24, 2022.Both Milwaukee’s South Shore Yacht Club and the Grand River Sailing Club will provide an experience worthy of this 83rd Queen’s Cup Race.
Summary June 23 through June 25 Of Events:
- Milwaukee, WI to Grand Haven, MI and Grand River Sailing Club.
- Registeration Thursday, June 23 at SSYC: 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 24 Registration: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Starts staggered from mid-afternoon through early evening.
- Saturday, June 25 the fleet arrives in Grand Haven for post-race festivities hosted by the Grand River Sailing Club.
Fee to participate in Grand Haven on the Finish Line with the atmosphere and regalia at the marina is FREE! Boats will be tied to the wall with race flags displayed.
Information To Register The race is open to all boats with a valid 2022 Lake Michigan Performance Handicap Racing Fleet (LM-PHRF) rating certificate and ORC rating certificates.
Detailed Hosted Events June 24 through June 26:
- June 24-June 26 Boats arrive in Grand Haven Channel oats arrive in Grand Haven Channel, docking along the seawall West of waterfront stadium or in the Municipal Marina
- June 25 – (7am-1pm) Check in at Grand River Sailing Club, 219 N Harbor Dr. across the lawn from the marina
- June 26 – (7am- 11am) Breakfast Buffet & Bloody Mary Bar at the Eagle’s Club, 20 N. 2nd St. Grand Haven. Public welcome at the club all day!
- June 26 -(11am-12pm) Enjoy lunch downtown, grab something to go and head back to the lawn at the sail club to relax before the awards.
- June 26 – (2pm-4pm) TENTATIVE 83th Annual Queen’s Cup Race Awards Announcements @ Lynn Sherwood Waterfront Stadium
- 6/23/22 - 83rd Annual Queen's Cup Race