Grand Haven Area Easter Egg Hunt
We dipped our toes in the Easter Egg Hunt game last Spring and hid 15 eggs around downtown Grand Haven. We filled them with candy and a numbered card, and our contact info. Whoever found the egg was encouraged to post a picture to social media and then reach out to us to claim their prize. Needless to say, it was a lot of fun for the egg hunters – and for us!
This year, we want to make the hunt even bigger. More eggs. More candy. More prizes. Even Golden Eggs!
How many eggs will we fill this year? Well it depends! We are reaching out to local businesses and organizations for prize donations. The more prizes we gather, the more eggs we will fill and hide around the Grand Haven area. We’ll keep you posted here on our blog, on the event page, and on Facebook. You can also follow the planning of the event by following #VisitGHEggHunt on Instagram & Twitter.
Everyone who participates in this event – whether you find an egg or not – will have the chance to enter to win a tour of the Grand Haven Lighthouse or a behind the scenes and special showing of the Grand Haven Musical Fountain!!!
How do you enter? Share a photo/video of you on the hunt here on the event page, on Visit Grand Haven‘s FB timeline, DM them to us, or post on Instagram & Twitter and tag your image/video with #VisitGHEggHunt. Photos must be shared between March 30th – April 1st. We will pick two winners at random from the entries and announce the winner on Monday, April 2nd!
Why are we doing this? Because it’s fun! And it’s an Easter egg hunt for all ages. The hunt isn’t over until the last egg has been found. We want to make this event bigger every year and help draw visitors near and far to the Grand Haven area.
This year’s Sponsors & Prize Donations so far! Updated 3/26/18
:: Golden Egg Sponsors ::
:: Egg & Candy Sponsors ::
:: Prize Donations ::
- Pronto Pups – 20 Gift Certificates
- The Toasted Pickle – A Sandwich Special Named After You & $50 Gift Card
- The Pump House – A Free Year of Frozen Yogurt
- Grand Haven Salmon Festival – 2 passes to the Friday Night Fish Boil & 2 passes to the Salmon Cook-Off & Wine/Beer Tasting
- Art By Michelle S. Martin – 2 Giclee’ Prints of Dowtown Grand Haven
- Must Love Dogs Boutique & Spa – Twenty $5 Gift Cards
- Grand Haven Area Convention & Visitors Bureau – LL Bean Grand Haven Area Canvas Tote
- Washington Street Inn – $5 in golden dollars for 5 eggs
- Grand Finale Dessert & Pastries – 2 boxes of a dozen truffles
- Jumpin Java – 2 $5 Gift Certificates
- The Henry Ford – 4 Passes
- Sweet Temptations/Temptations/Front Porch/Skoops – Twenty $5 Gift Certificates
- Grand Rapids Escape Room – Entry for 2
- JW’s Food & Spirits – Fifteen $5 Gift Certificates
- Just Goods Gifts & Cafe – $5 Gift Certificates
- Chamber of Commerce – $5 in Dune Dollars
- Grand Armory Brewing – $10 Gift Cards
- Ryke’s Bakery – $5 Gift Cards & 3 Vouchers for a Dozen Donuts
- Sky Zone Grand Rapids – 4 One Hour Jump Passes
- Grand Rapids Treetop Adventure Park – Passes
- Chinook Pier Mini Golf – 10 Passes
- Higher Health Chiropractic – 5 Complimentary Health Assessments
- Vander Mill Spring Lake – $25 Gift Card
- What A Gem Jewelry Boutique – $10 Gift Certificate
- Goodrich Quality Theaters – $10 Gift Cards
- Grand Rapids Art Museum – 2 Passes
- Lemon Creek Winery – Bottles of Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Juice
- Maui Wowi Coffee & Smoothies – Tiki Cup w/$10 Gift Card & Popcorn Bucket w/$10 Gift Card
- Images By Walter E. Elliott – 18×24 Matted Print of the Finder’s Choice
- Village Baker – $5 Gift Certificates
- Lularoe Abbey Davis – Gift Basket Worth $60
- Righteous Cuisine – $10 Gift Certificates
- Chocolates by Grimaldi – $5 Gift Certificates
- Shoreline Communications – $5 Dune Dollars & $50 Visa Gift Card
- Lucy’s Deli & Market – $10 Gift Certificates
- Rendezvous Family Dining – $25 Gift Certificate
- Grand Rapids Public Museum – 4 pack of admission passes & 4 carousel rides
- Grand Haven Tribune – 3 Month Gift Subscriptions
- Harbor Restaurants – $100 in Gift Certificates
- Maruska/Michigan Rag Co. – $25 Gift Certificate
- That Hat – $15 Gift Certificate
- Lewis Farm Market & Petting Farm – 20 Day Passes
- Cook’s Kitchen & Pantry – Safari Ice Pop Mold
- Dockside Clothing – Brighton Bracelet with Bead
- Preferred Ford – 3 Car Washes & $9.95 Oil Changes
- The Yankee Pedlar – $10 Gift Certificate
- Pavilion Wharf Deli & Grille – $20 Gift Certificate
- Odd Side Ales – $10 Gift Cards
- Grand Haven Vinegar & Oil – $5 Gift Cards
- Calico Cat – $5 Gift Certificates
- Chase Hammond Golf Course – 2 Rounds of 18 Holes
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park – Family Pack of Passes for 4
- Evergreen Golf Course – 4 Rounds of 9 Holes
- MACkite – Crazy Aaron’s Thinking Putty
- Blueberry Haven – 6 Gift Bags of Goodies
- Lularoe Shyle Lyons – 2 Pairs of Fashion Leggings
- Rainy Days Cafe – 2 $10 Gift Certificates
- Aldea Coffee – 5 Free Coffee Beverage Vouchers
- 12 Corners Wine Tasting Room – Tasting Vouchers
- Studio 206 – Hair Product Gift Bag Valued at $100
- Jimmy Johns – 5 Free Sandwiches
- Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival – 4 Pairs of Carnival Passes
- Color Street by Autumn Kumzi – Set of Real Nail Polish Strips
- Krissy’s Kandies – Gift Certificates
- Young Living with Shelby Mangan – Set of Young Living Essential Oil Rollers
- Great Lakes Chili Dogs – 50 Vouchers for 2 Dogs with Fries
- Brilliance Publishing – 6 Children/Young Adult Audiobooks
- More to come! Stay tuned!
:: Easter Egg Hunt Q&A ::
1) What time does the hunt start on Friday? The hunt begins at dawn!
2) Where will the eggs be hidden? We are still mapping it out as prizes come in but most of the eggs will be hidden around downtown Grand Haven, the boardwalk, and the waterfront.
3) Will the eggs be hidden inside businesses? No. Eggs will be hidden outside in places that are accessible 24/7. Eggs will be hidden in public areas and not on private property. Please do not trespass on private property while you’re on the hunt!
4) How many eggs are you hiding? At least 100 eggs!
5) Are you having separate egg hunts each day? Nope. It’s one big hunt and lasts until the last egg is found – whether it’s before or after April 1st. We might add some more eggs each day but it all depends on how many prizes are donated.
6) Is there an age limit for the event. Nope. Bring the kiddos and grandma – this is for everyone!
7) How many eggs are you allowed to find? As many as you can find!
8) Is there an ending time each day for the hunt? Nope. The hunt starts at dawn on Friday, March 30th and runs 24/7 until the last egg is found.
9) How will we know how many eggs have been found or how many are still hidden? We will post updates through out the weekend as people claim their prizes.
10) Do we need to sign in somewhere to join the hunt? Nope! Join the hunt whenever you want.
11) Are the prizes in the eggs or do we have to go somewhere to get them? In order for us to keep track of how many eggs have been found and how many remain, you will find instructions on how to claim your prize inside the egg. Prizes will be available to be picked up at the Visit Grand Haven office until 5pm on Friday 3/30 and then starting at 9am on Monday, April 2nd.
12) What if we are coming from out of town and can’t claim our prize in person? No worries! Still use the instructions inside the egg to claim your prize and we will make alternative arrangements to get you your prize.
13) Will there be clues posted? If we think clues are needed, we will post them on the Facebook Event page.
14) Will there be a map? We are working on a map that will show the hunt ‘boundaries’ and will post it on our website and social media before the beginning of the hunt.
15) What are the rules? The only rule is to not to trespass on private property. Other than that, have fun on the hunt!
16) How do I enter to win the Lighthouse Tour or the Musical Fountain Tour? Everyone who participates in this event – whether you find an egg or not – will have the chance to enter to win a tour of the Grand Haven Lighthouse or a behind the scenes and special showing of the Grand Haven Musical Fountain!!! Share a photo/video of you on the hunt on the Facebook event page, on Visit Grand Haven’s FB timeline, DM them to us, or post on Instagram & Twitter and tag your image/video with #VisitGHEggHunt. Photos must be shared between March 30th – April 1st. We will pick two winners at random from the entries and announce the winner on Monday, April 2nd
17) When are you going to hide the eggs? Ummm we’re going to go ahead and keep that part a secret 😉
If your business or organization would like to join in the fun, here’s how!
- Fill out our donation form saying you would like to participate by offering up gift certificate(s), item(s), or experience(s) worth at least $5 each. You can donate multiple items – and they can be small or large. They don’t have to fit inside the eggs since we’ll be adding numbers to the egg contents for people to claim their prize.
- Your business or organization can also support the event by becoming an Egg & Candy sponsor for $50 or a Golden Egg Sponsor for $100. Since Visit Grand Haven is a small non-profit, we wouldn’t be able to pull this off in a big way without the support of our fellow community members.
- What do you get out of it? Promotion! Excitement! Fun! Also we’ll give you shout outs here on our blog, our event calendar, social media and much more.
Happy hunting! See you the weekend of March 30th!