Share Your Love of the Grand Haven Area!
Do you love the Grand Haven area? Do you like to write and share your experiences with others?
We are in search of guest bloggers to help us spread the word about the Grand Haven area by writing about what they love most about the area right here on VisitGrandHaven.com!
Here are the details for all submissions:
1) We ask guest bloggers to submit around 300-500 words of an original story that isn’t published elsewhere. Submit via a Word document or place in the body of the emailed submission.
2) Please send 4-6 high-resolution photos that can accompany the post on the blog as well as the Grand Haven Area CVB’s social channels – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. We’d prefer you submit your own images. However, if you use other’s images, make sure to get permission from the original photographer and submit the proper photo credit along with the image. Please upload these photos to Dropbox and send us the shareable link to the folder.
3) Videos are welcome too! Please limit video submissions to no more than 5 minutes long. Upload your video to YouTube and send us the link with your submission.
4) Please include a 2-3 sentence bio for yourself to include at the end of the post. A headshot is also welcome if you’d like to provide one.
5) Don’t worry about including hyperlinks – we’ll add those in afterwards. If there’s a specific site you’d like us to link to, please let us know and we’ll add it in the intro or bio sections.
6) Please note that we may make some slight edits to the title and content of the post, but if it’s anything drastic we’ll run it past you first.
7) We’re open to blog subjects & ideas as long as they would be of interest to potential visitors to the Grand Haven area. We won’t be able to publish everything, but we will contact you when we are ready to use yours. If you don’t want to be acknowledged by name, please let us know.
8) For some ideas on what to write about and formats, check out our blog for some of our latest posts: http://visitgrandhaven.com/blog/
9) You can see some other great examples over in Pure Michigan’s blog here: http://www.michigan.org/blog/
Submit your blog post submissions to Stefanie Herder, Marketing & Communications Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, feel free to drop us a line!